Contact Joeyblueskies.com at

lamborghiniliving@gmail.com

asp hit counter


Thursday, June 17, 2010

Work Is Starting To Piss Me Off



While Mmase gets to play kick ball all day and listen to hilarious shit kids have to say, I get to pound out 150 calls and get told to fuck off by chicks. By chicks damnit! As it turns out, I'm pretty good at pretending to do my job, and have become a somewhat manager. Anygay, check out this boom-roasted email I got from my boss yesterday.

If I walk by and see people either on fantasy baseball sites, facebook, looking up entertainment news/gossip, etc, I am going to start terminating individuals. I’ve had it, and enough is enough. This is a direct violation of the employment contract with regard to the use of company computers, and not a single person back there is working to their highest levels.

If it happens again, we’re going back to 1 computer per team. If this is not acceptable for you, I completely understand and will graciously accept your resignation. I will then go out and find people who are actually willing to do the phone work. I am not against e-mails and e-mail campaigns/marketing (in fact, it is an excellent tool that each of you knows how to utilize quite well). However, it is a single tool that we use, not the basis for this job.

My frustration lies in the fact that there are so many talented individuals back there that are not willing or motivated to reach their potential (specifically you three). That starts from zero motivation from John (and by motivation, I mean leading by example, not just empty e-mails with transparent threats), and works down to Brian (buddy-buddy with staff instead of being a strong manager) and Sarah (refusing to pick up the phone, always someone else’s fault), and then ultimately to your staff. If employees like Andre, Ben & Barb (just examples), who can be motivated and driven to succeed, even had a sniff of guidance, their production (and your overrides) would go through the roof.

I’m sorry if this seems curt, but right now honesty is what is necessary, and honestly not a single ACI manager has the gumption to actually get their teams focused, and at this point I’ve had enough. I’ve heard too much “David and Terry are mean and they want our call numbers higher” or “hey, Terry just sent me an email saying we better stay off of these websites and get back to work” instead of rather: “hey guys, let’s really push this morning and get some contracts brewing” or “Andre, you need to get back to work, as we are falling behind this month and we, as a team, really need to take it to the next level.”

Get yourselves and your staff focused – I can promise you that your productivity and income will increase if you do. I can also promise that there will be changes if you do not.

-TD



PS - I like to consider myself a friend first, boss second.....entertainer third. Also, please use words I understand when ripping me a new asshole. "Curt" and "gumption", what the fuck. Had to pull out the thesaurus on that one.

2 comments:

  1. In a show of solidarity, I will leave fantasy baseball or facebook up on my computer all day. Damn the man bmase, save the empire. ( I actually want to see what happens first: bmase getting let go or someone giving a flying fuck what I have on my computer... I'm taking odds on bmase because my jobs a joke)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Additionally, I just realized this is all my fault. Early in his career I was not only bmases superior, but also his friend. Ive set a terrible example. Have your boss email bmase and I'll explain the situation to him. Im so sorry.

    ReplyDelete