Contact Joeyblueskies.com at

lamborghiniliving@gmail.com

asp hit counter


Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I Might As Well Start Smoking Dollar Bills


NYdailynews – The Legislature on Monday night narrowly approved boosting the state’s tax on cigarettes by an additional $1.60 – to a national-high $4.35 a pack. Factoring in city and federal levies, a single pack is taxed to the tune of $6.85, which translates to a counter price of $12 – $13 for New York City smokers. The tax hike came as part of an emergency spending plan to keep New York government running for another week. The new tobacco levy will also drive up the tax charged on cigars and chewing tobacco to 75% of its wholesale price – a 29% jump.

It would be great if the government would just let me get cancer in peace. I’m fuckin tired of walking all the way down to the bodega only to find out that they jacked the price of my grits up another buck. I’m already paying 10.25 a pack now and they’re about to drop another 1.60 on me. That’s gonna be the death blow. I’m serious, I’ve held on for as long as I could, I fought the good fight, but this is just too much. It’s now time to will my body off this addiction to nicotine cause this extra 1.60 is really gonna cut into my Sparks budget. Totallyfuckinbelievable.
PS – I’m seriously considering running some type of cigarette smuggling operation over the summer. I’m heading back to Michigan for the entire month anyway, I might as well stuff the Suburban full over cartons and start selling them on the street corner. Could make 200% profit on every pack. Shit’s a goldmine.

No comments:

Post a Comment