Contact Joeyblueskies.com at

lamborghiniliving@gmail.com

asp hit counter


Thursday, October 21, 2010

James Harrison Threatens Retirement After Getting Fined $75,000 For Hits


Not long after quarterback Ben Roethlisberger suggested that he considered quitting the game after his offseason conduct resulted in a four-game suspension for violation of the Personal Conduct Policy, linebacker James Harrison supposedly is thinking about calling it quits in the wake of a $75,000 fine imposed for delivering an illegal helmet-to-helmet hit against Browns receiver Mohamed Massaquoi. "I'm going to sit down and have a serious conversation with my coach [Wednesday] and see if I can actually play by NFL rules and still be effective," Harrison told Tony Bruno of FOX Sports Radio. "If not, I may have to give up playing football. . . . I really truly hope it's something that can be done. But the way that things were being explained to me [Tuesday] and the reasoning for it, I don't feel I can continue to play and be effective and, like I say, not have to worry about injuring someone else or risking injury to myself."

First off there is zero chance James Harrison is walking away from football. Nobody does that, oh wait, except fuckin Barry. Anyway, I agree with Harrison that the NFL is going a bit too far with some of it's rules, mostly the hands to the face rule, but as far as helmet to helmet hits go it's pretty cut and dry. You can't lead with your head when you tackle and if you hit head to head then you're gonna get flagged and fined. That's been the rule for some time now and complaining that you can't adapt to a rule that's been around for awhile doesn't make sense. Pay the fine and keep playing the way you play. If they start suspending you then you have a beef cause I think it's gonna be hard to determine intent on some of these hits, but until then just shut up and play.

No comments:

Post a Comment