Contact Joeyblueskies.com at

lamborghiniliving@gmail.com

asp hit counter


Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Datsyuk and Wings Take Down Ducks with :12 Left



While watching the Wings and Ducks the other night I had sort of an epiphany. As I sat at home with my computer on my lap, I realized that I was absolutely geeked for another, what some would consider, insignificant regular season match up. With 82 games over a span of roughly 8 months it's hard to maintain peak interest even if you are a diehard. But for me it's really never been an issue. As the game rolled on it became more and more apparent why I get so damn into watching each of those 82 games. It's because day in and day out I have the privilege of watching one of the true wizards of professional sports, Pavel Datsyuk. He's the kind of athlete that only comes around a few times in your lifetime, the one who goes about doing things in a slightly different way than everyone else, a way that seems impossible to all others playing the same game. But somehow, game after game, shift after shift, Datsyuk makes the best in the world look foolish. The most impressive thing is that he beats people with both finesse and determination. In one play he'll take a man off the puck, start the rush, dish it at the opposing blue line and then bury it home when the puck comes back his way.

I literally think he might be the strongest on the puck player that I've ever seen play. And I know his numbers are comparatively nowhere near Barry Sanders, but watching him is almost like watching Barry. He just makes you say, wow. We should consider ourselves lucky to be in the presence of such greatness cause players this special don't come around all that much.

1 comment: