Contact Joeyblueskies.com at

lamborghiniliving@gmail.com

asp hit counter


Friday, October 22, 2010

Delmas Basically Tells Goodell To Fuck Off



Allen Park — Lions safety Louis Delmas isn't about to change the physical brand of football he plays because the NFL is cracking down on helmet-to-helmet hits. "I thought those were great hits," Delmas said of the helmet-to-helmet hits that cost Steelers LB James Harrison $75,000, and Patriots S Brandon Meriweather and Falcons CB Dunta Robinson $50,000 apiece. "It is what it is. It isn't going to stop me one bit. I'm going to do what I do. I'm going to go out there and try to hit a person as hard as I can."Delmas was fined a number of times for hits deemed "unsafe" by the league last season. But the second-year player out of Western Michigan said hits like those are the ones that got him to the NFL. "That's what got me here, so that's all I know," he said. "I'm going to tackle as hard as I can, and if I happen to get a helmet-to-helmet, I get it. "I can't keep that on my mind and go out there and think that I'm going to get a fine and suspended. I just have to go out there and play, and if that happens, it happens."Delmas said he doesn't try to intentionally hurt anybody, but just tries to make a big play. "That's the way we are taught to hit. Not necessarily helmet-to-helmet, but we're taught get a guy on the ground. We're taught to put our face mask on a guy's chest, and they are taught to lower their shoulder, so there are chances you're going to get helmet-to-helmet."

This is exactly the type of mentality I've been begging the Lions to play with for years. Why do you think the Steelers are so damn good on defense? It's because all great defenses are feared and if you go across the middle you better believe that you're gonna get destroyed. That's what makes recievers drop balls, and that's the type of play that jars balls loose and gets the ball back for your offense on a shortened field. Delmas understands that and more and players these days on the defensive side of the ball are buying in. Suh definitely has a mean streak as does Vanden Bosch and for the first time in a long time I think opponents aren't licking their chops and actually fear this defense a little bit. So keep on keeping on Delmas. I look forward to more hits like this...

No comments:

Post a Comment