Contact Joeyblueskies.com at

lamborghiniliving@gmail.com

asp hit counter


Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Yoosta Be A Yooper: The Pre-Cougar Hunting Golf Trip


I just got an email from my brother Jmase who is on the first day of his two week cougar hunting expedition with my pops. My dad booked the trip as a college graduation present for him because that's the type of college graduation gift you get if you're a Yooper. Not a new Beamer like if you're from Jersey, or a trip to Europe if you're from Connecticut. You just get the chance to be the proud owner of a cougar skin rug. But hell i love shooting shit and even though it took me 4 1/2 years to become a gym teacher, I'm still waiting for my trip pops.

Anyway, he flew out yesterday to Western Texas for a day or two of golf and then is headed to New Mexico to shoot some big cats. As much fun as killing a giant predatory mammal is the real dangerous part of this trip was making it through 18 holes with these boozehounds. My dad's two buddies are just as classic backwoods Yooper as they come. His buddy Rick looks like a troll that ate Brett Favre, and the other guy never leaves the house without his Packer shorts, socks, and crocs combo. And they both got pissed at my dad cause he wouldn't let them drink in the car on the way to the course.


Not that my pops is any better. Dude refuses to golf in any clothing that isn't brand fuckin new and you think he brought enough Gatorade there? Christ, I feel for Jmase right now. At least he has the constant Obama bashing to keep him company.

1 comment:

  1. Check out that American flag and Packer flag combo. That's how you say Patriotism.

    ReplyDelete