Contact Joeyblueskies.com at

lamborghiniliving@gmail.com

asp hit counter


Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Yoosta Be A Yooper: Lions Sisu! Lions Sisu!





Facebook.com - "To show support to the Detroit Lions, Joe Paquette, 63, is walking from his home in Munising, Mi (Upper Peninsula) to the Lions practice facility in downstate Allen Park, 425 miles, bringing the message of “Sisu!” "Sisu", is Finnish for "strength of will, determination, perseverance and acting rationally in the face of adversity. "Once people find out some guy with arthritis in both knees walked all this way, they'll realize he didn't get down there on his own," Paquette said. "We all have Sisu on our side, and the Lions will get Sisu on their side and will have a winning season this year. "Once that happens, we'll be in the Super Bowl," Paquette added. "That's my goal." "Paquette, a Viet Nam veteran of the Army's 4th Division, will be carrying an American flag and his P.O.W. M.I.A. flag on his journey, and will be followed by his brother-in-law." To walk with him or offer words of support please call him at 906-202-2235 between 8am-8pm!

For years I've been trying to figure out what it is that the Lions need. At first I thought it was a GM that didn't get off on only drafting terrible offensive players.



Turns out I was wrong. Then I thought it might be that we needed a wide receiver that valued winning more than making sweet first down celebrations.



Nope, wrong again. Maybe it would've helped to have a QB with better understanding of the field dimensions.



Nah, that didn't do it either. I guess it could've been that we needed a coach who doesn't take the wind instead of the ball in Overtime.



Wrong, wrong, and wrong again. Turns our all we needed this whole time was some fuckin Sisu. And Joe Paquette is only miles away from delivering a serious dose of it to the Lions in Allen Park. If this doesn't qualify Lions' fans as the best in the business then I don't know what does. I mean the day the Lions finally win the Super Bowl will without a doubt be the best day of my life. I get goosebumps even thinking about it. Just listen to the emotion in Joe's voice when he says Sisu will bring us a Super Bowl. Guy means it and as long as we believe it will happen. Not this year or next, but eventually we'll get it and this city will erupt, the state will erupt, and I will erupt. I'm sure that the day the Lady Friend and I finally nail it down will be fantastic and when we pop out some juniors it will be sweet, but the day Stafford leads us to the promise land will be the day I'm okay with death. As much as I'm a diehard Redwings, Pistons, and Tigers fan, they could all be World Champions for the next 10 years and I'd trade them all for a single Lions' Super Bowl. I mean that and I think most Detroit sports fans would say the same.

Lions Sisu!

2 comments:

  1. The sooner we give Derrick Williams a bigger role in the offense, the sooner we reach the big game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know Mmase, taking the wind in that game at Soldier Field wasn't that bad of a move. I mean if you remember that game correctly, the weather was horrible and very difficult to move the ball via air. However, the Lions didn't have the best special teams and run defense to get the bears to go three & out. Now if the Lions would have taken the wind in OT while playing indoors at Ford Field, now that would be a fucking story.....Get ready for the first installment of the Bear Jew's Jew York Football Lock of the Week! Pick is coming your way shortly

    ReplyDelete