Contact Joeyblueskies.com at

lamborghiniliving@gmail.com

asp hit counter


Thursday, August 19, 2010

Notes From Tigers - Yanks Last Night


I'm still getting back in the groove at the job and need to work out the kinks so that I can get you all what you want. Today was an abortion of a day and I spent most of it fixing shit that my co-workers fucked up while I was gone. (Not you Steve) But keep your dick in your pants cause I'll get back in my stride real soon. On a lighter note, the Lady Friend bought me tickets to the Tigers-Yanks last night and here are my game notes...

1. After talking mad shit about Don Kelly and how I'd rather have the #9 batter from my little league line-up stroll to the plate than him, he promptly put one into the right field stands and shut me the fuck up. Then he bunted for a base knock and I about shit myself. Dude was doing it all last night and had my respect until he went 0-4 with 2 K's today.

2. My favorite part of the game was when Rick Knapp, the Tigers' pitching coach, went to the mound to make sure Brad Thomas was still left handed as Granderson strolled to the plate. He was and Granderson K'd on cue.

3. I made the Lady Friend stay all the way into the 9th cause I was certain there was gonna be a bench clearing brawl towards the end of this one. After Bondo plunked Brett Gardner with the first pitch of the game in retaliation to his slide that injured Guillen earlier in the series, things seemed to cool down. But after Cabrera hit two jacks and then got plunked in the ribs, shit was about to boil over. I couldn't believe they didn't toss his ass on the spot but instead they begged the Tigers to turn this one into a brewhaha. Leyland came out in defense of his superstar like he should've and tried his damnedest to get booted with no luck. After the inning ended, he came back out and accomplished the job. At this point you could just tell something was gonna go down and I was chirping my entire section in preperation of the ensueing brawl. Too bad Enrique Gonzalez is a dip shit and when he tried to hit Jeter he threw behind him. Completely inexcusable, dude should've been put on a bus outside of Yankee Stadium and sent back to Toledo. Had he hit him, the benches would've definitely cleared and I probably would've spent the night in lock-up because I would've been going absolutely apeshit. It was the kind of moment that you would tell the grand kids about and I missed out. I feel raped.



4. John Falls met Brennan Boesch's 18 year old sister at the game and didn't get a picture with her. I'm thinking about firing him.

5. Some dude proposed to his girlfriend on the jumbotron with the message "Jenny I'm not kidding this time. Will you marry me?" I wanna know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment