Contact Joeyblueskies.com at

lamborghiniliving@gmail.com

asp hit counter


Thursday, July 15, 2010

Wings Re-Sign Who?


Restricted free-agent defenseman Derek Meech and the Detroit Red Wings avoided salary arbitration by agreeing to a one-year, $500,000 contract. Meech, 26, filed for salary arbitration earlier this month after playing the last three seasons with the Wings. When needed, he has filled in as a forward. Meech has four goals and 12 assists in 126 regular-season games. He played in a career-high 49 games last season, scoring a pair of game-winning goals, and had six points and 19 penalty minutes. "He's paid his dues at being the seventh or eighth defenseman," Wings general manager Ken Holland said. "He loves it in Detroit, but he needs to play. We obviously finally agreed to this one-year deal, and we're going to decide over the next two months where we go.

Oh hallelujah, Derek Meech is back! Somebody bust out the white gloves because Stanley is coming home ladies and gents. Jesus H Christ, give me some fuckin news already. I'm back from fishing and all I want is a story. Tell me the Pistons moved to Vegas or Cecil is back on the Tigers, something, anything. Nope, instead I got Derek Meech signing a blockbuster $500,000 deal to be our 7th defenseman. Real sweet. Fuck it, I'm going back up to the cabin and putting Bmase in charge of this shit. Sorry Blueskiers they've left me with no choice. Now you'll all have to suffer through Bmase's posts about Darko and what he's having for dinner tomorrow. Good luck.

PS - If I see the Chupacabra I'm gonna shoot that thing and strap it to the roof of my car like a trophy whitetail and parade through the city of Menominee. More likely, I'm gonna get eaten by it, but either way look for me in the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment