Contact Joeyblueskies.com at

lamborghiniliving@gmail.com

asp hit counter


Friday, June 17, 2011

Shane Victorino Needs to Stop Crowding the Plate



This is why I love baseball. If a guy gets a little to close to the plate then you just go ahead and plunk him. Done and done. Pitcher if possible, catcher just as good.

This actually brings me back to when I was in little league and catching for Ansel. We were playing Angeli's and any time they got a guy on second base they'd try and steal third by having the right-handed batter not step out of the batters box and consequentially block the path of my throw to third base. It happened once and I let it go. Then another fuck did it and I started to realize it was intentional. If there was gonna be a third time I decided I was gonna do something about it.

Two innings later they had another guy on second and I got nice and ready for the throw. Right on cue the guy took off and sure as shit the batter didn't move an inch so I wound up and threw a laser as hard as I could right off his temple. Kid hit the deck screaming in pain and I went apeshit on the umpire screaming about batter interference and how the runner should be out. I didn't get the call even though I thought I had a sweet rapport with the umpiring crew. I guess they didn't respected the Tony Pena catching stance I used to go with as much as I thought. Still, it's one of the best decisions I've ever made during a sporting event.



PS - Victorino is lucky he went with that pussy batting helmet with ear protection on both sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment