Contact Joeyblueskies.com at

lamborghiniliving@gmail.com

asp hit counter


Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Schwartz Anoints Lions D-Line: The Silver Crush


Detroit Lions coach Jim Schwartz’s quest to nickname his team’s talented defensive line via Twitter ended today when he announced the winner: Silver Crush. “Acknowledges tradition/history of 'Silver Rush' with slight update," Schwartz wrote, adding that about 100 people submitted the suggestion. On Twitter, Schwartz said the Dis-Assembly Line was a close second. Of the Silver Crush, he wrote, "I think it fits but time will tell if it sticks ... don't want to force it."

Alright, I can't be the only one a little disappointed with this nickname. I'm not gonna say the Silver Crush is terrible but I'll go ahead and say it's pretty much terrible. I still think they should've fed off the bloodlust of Detroit sports fans and gone with "The Ghost and the Darkness".


Also wouldn't have been terribly upset if they went with my second choice "Sack Lunch".

No comments:

Post a Comment