Contact Joeyblueskies.com at

lamborghiniliving@gmail.com

asp hit counter


Thursday, April 28, 2011

Potential Draft Scenario #1 -- If Prince is gone and Da'quan Bowers and Tyron Smith are both available, who do you want?



I can't believe I'm saying this but I think DE is slightly more of a position of need than OL. Yup, that's right folks, I'm a Lions blogger who just gave credit to the offensive line. But I think it was deserved after last year. Ignoring that whole forgetting to block Julius Peppers thing that got Stafford blown the fuck up, I'd say they did a pretty decent job giving Shaun Hill and Drew Stanton the time they needed to make plays. There was even a hint of a running game down the stretch.

With that being said, they are still a B- on their best day and need improvement. I just don't know if passing on Bowers, a guy who could make your defensive front 4 one of the most feared units in the league, is worth the minor upgrade Smith might give us on the OL. Tyron Smith is definitely good, but drafting him to play RT while moving Gosder or Hilliard inside is hardly an upgrade worth mentioning. I'd much rather use free-agency to pick up a veteran offensive lineman who's gonna be a hell of a lot cheaper than a premier pass rushing free agent, and address DE in the draft where you'll be paying roughly the same for a DE or OL taken 13th overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment