Contact Joeyblueskies.com at

lamborghiniliving@gmail.com

asp hit counter


Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Lions Come To Terms With Ernie Sims In A Fat Suit & He Declares Detroit Is "FOOTBALLTOWN"


Detroitnews.com - In his first press conference as a member of the Lions, guard Rob Sims compared his new city to his old one, Seattle. "This is a football town," Sims said Tuesday, "Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Detroit. I mean, that's football. Football and cars. This is more of what I'm accustomed to. Out there [in Seattle] the stars are Bill Gates and Paul Allen and the people that run Boeing. This here is what being in the NFL is supposed to be about, standing up here at the mic talking to reporters and stuff. In Seattle, it's not like that. It's drinking coffee, sittin' down and chit-chatting. This is a change, but it's a change that I've been looking forward to. I would like to be here long-term. I hope this isn't just one year and out. But I've got to earn that. I've got to come in here and show them that I belong and show them I can be here for a long time."

It's great to see that Detroit is finally doing something to address the putrid offensive line that has plagued them for years. I have forever been a proponent of getting line help through the draft and wanted nothing more than Michael Oher with the 20th overall pick last year, but I am fuckin terrified that they will try to do it this year and pass up on Suh who could be a truly dominant presence in the middle of our defensive line for years to come. It seemed like all we ever did during the Millen years was sup up the engine on a car that had no wheels but now it seems like they are at least attempting to bring in somebody who wants to play here and has a bit of a chip on their shoulder. Regardless of whether or not he is a Pro Bowl caliber tackle, which some say he is, I have heard from a lot of Seahawks fans that are pretty upset about letting Rob go. If we get even a marginal NFL starter from the 5th rounder that we gave up I think this acquisition is a home run. Hopefully now we won't contemplate passing on Suh and in hopes of trading down or taking Okung with the #2 pick.

I still just can't get over one thing though. We all know that Rob is Ernie's brother from a different mother so their dad must be Mr. Universe with NFL talent just spewing from his loins. But the one question I want answered is who is Rob's mother? Because this just doesn't add up. Ernie came out the womb at a chiseled 230 and Rob is a blubbering 320. How the hell did this happen? Did their dad fuck King Kong's wife or something?

No comments:

Post a Comment